Monday, November 28, 2011

12 Weeks


How far along: 12 weeks 5 Days
Total Weight Gain: 12 pounds
Maternity clothes: Shirts for sure.  Still trying to figure out the pants side of things.
Stretch Marks: None yet
Sleep: Still very interrupted.  Mostly thanks to Tyson
Best Moment this week: It's a tie between seeing everyone on Thanksgiving and coming home to Robbie and the dogs.
Miss anything: Not feeling sick when I eat and beer.  I've been stealing a sip or two here and there and then spitting it out. 
Movement: Not that I can feel yet.  I'm ready to though.
Food cravings: Roast beef sandwiches and ice cream.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything is making me queasy.  No getting sick in over a week though. (I wrote this and then by time I was down to the end of the blog post I coughed and had to step outside to throw up.  Back to day 1.)
Gender: ??
Labor signs: none
Symptoms: Nausea, gas, fatigue, weight gain, and back pain
Belly button in or out: Still in.  I'm trying to decide how long I'm going to try and leave my belly button ring in.  The piercing is so shallow I think I'm going to have to let it close up.
Wedding rings on or off:  On.
Happy or moody: Happy!
Looking forward to: Not feeling sick anymore.

Thanksgiving in Chicago was great. I crashed at Matt and Michelle's and got some of the best sleep I've had in weeks.  Mostly because Tyson wasn't there to wake me up every two hours when he wanted back in bed.  Jeremy and Dave hosted Thanksgiving dinner at Dave's house.  Jeremy prepared the turkey.  They made stuffing, spinach dip, smashed potatoes(my favorite), cranberry sauce. gravy, and other delicious things I can't remember.  Other people made sweet potatoes, oriental salad, cheese ball, jalapeno corn bread and of course pie.  Everything was fantastic, but I wish I could have eaten more.  I have to eat so slow and get so full so easily that I didn't get to try everything.  What I did try was wonderful though.

Michelle and I did some shopping on Friday morning.  Nothing too crazy, just a little clothes shopping at Oakbrook.  I picked up a couple open front cardigans and Michelle got a ton of new work clothes and a cute red pea coat.  Everything was 40, 50, or 60% off, so we scored big time.  The only thing I was hopping to get but didn't find was a pair of comfy maternity pants that actually look good.  I tried on ones at Gap and wasn't crazy about them.  I think for the time being I'm just going to buy up a couple sizes in low rise non maternity pants and see how far that gets me.  

Friday night and Saturday morning we're all about chilling with family.  It was a perfect holiday and I was glad to be home with Robbie by Saturday night. Sunday we watched some football and spent some time with his family for his mom's birthday.  All in all it was a pretty awesome 4 day weekend.  Now it's back to the daily grind.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I didn't know you had this. Shopping was fun! You know, I'd forgotten there was a time when you DIDN'T know there were two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete