Friday, January 22, 2016

A Baptism and Sibling Weekend

Understandably, blogging has not been high on my priority list over the last few weeks. We are working on figuring out our new groove as a family of 6. Meaning I'm trying to find the best way to keep all 4 kids alive and fed without loosing my sanity. ;) Things are actually going really well so far, and I'm excited we're nearing the one month old mark and can hopefully start a loose schedule for Scarlett and Clark.

A few days after the babies were born, my siblings shared that they would be flying in to meet the babies and have a family weekend. We didn't see each other over the holidays, so it was a great surprise to find out that I would get to see them all. Since we were going to have family in town, and since we wanted my brother to be one of the babies' godparents, we decided to fit in Scarlett and Clark's baptism last weekend while everyone was here. My oldest sister and her husband weren't able to make the trip up, but we did get to spend a nice long weekend with them two weekends ago.




My younger brother and sister in law arrived to our house at 4am on Friday. Next were my sister, brother in law, and nephew. Finally my other brother and brother in law. It was a crazy busy, long weekend full of family, friends, food, football, and a baptism thrown in for good measure. Definitely a weekend I'll be reminiscing about for the foreseeable future. By Tuesday afternoon everyone was gone, and it was time to get back to life as usual, and naps. We definitely missed naps while we were playing and visiting.





We may only get to see each other a few times a year, but it's always a good time when my siblings can come together. Thank goodness for Skype, Facetime, and WhatsApp for the other 352 days a year we don't get to see each other.







2 comments:

  1. Your posts make me so happy!! Love that you got to see your family and I'm always amazed at how much you do with Harrison and Brooke! And now your newest babies! You're one of my favorite fellow twin moms to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of sweet baby Brooke and baby Clark.

    ReplyDelete