Friday, April 14, 2017

It's Friday

Hello Friday! I am hoping this weekend can get us fully back into our normal groove. I have been busy wrapping up all the loose ends from our charity event last weekend, and it still has me feeling kind of hectic. I barely have had time to check my Instagram feed, which is a shame because so many ladies I follow have adorable newborn babies, and I definitely haven't found time to wrap up my current home project. I probably should be doing that now, but a few uninterrupted minutes with my laptop took precedence.

We bought tickets to see John Mayer back in January when they first went on sale. The concert was this week, and it totally snuck up on me. One of my best friends, Rob, and I all took the afternoon off and headed to Columbus. It's about a 3 hour drive, so we left as soon as I put the babies down for their afternoon nap, and we didn't make it home until after 2am. The drive was so worth it though. We ate at The Crest Gastropub. I came across it on a food blog and I am so glad we tried it. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was amazing. Green velvet seat cushions, industrial style bar, various faux wood wall coverings. It was a very cool place and I highly recommend it.


The concert was at The Schottenstein Center. We'd never seen a concert there, but it was a good arena venue. This was our fifth time seeing John Mayer in concert, and as always he put on a great show. I was left wanting more, so this morning I bought us lawn tickets to see him at Deer Creek, close to Indy, over Labor Day weekend. If you like his music at all, take the time to see him live. The man is so talented, and seeing him live gives you a whole new appreciation of that talent. 




I am loving this small patio set. I have been looking for a couple pieces for our front porch, and I think this may fit the bill. We have been spending almost every afternoon outside, and I think somewhere for the babies and I to sit and take a break would be nice. I love that this set has foot rests that stow under the chairs, and a spot for me to rest my iced coffee, or adult beverage.

I happened across Spiked Seltzer  and White Claw Hard Seltzer while at Target this week, so I grabber a box of each. Grapefruit and black cherry. I haven't tried either yet, but I am looking forward to trying both over the weekend. Fizzy water, as it's called in our house, plus alcohol equals a qin in my book. Let's hope my taste buds agree. If not, I can always make these La Croix cocktails. I made the cherry limeade one last summer, and it's quite delicious and refreshing.

SNL and Brooklyn 99 are both back this week. Yassssss! They are the two shows that Rob and I watch together each week, in addition to TWD. Sitting on the couch and listening to Rob laugh his ass off makes me smile from ear to ear. His laugh makes me laugh, and Weekend Update always makes us both laugh. Thank you Colin Jost and Michael Che.

I am really excited for Easter weekend. We still haven't dyed eggs because Brooke insists we have to do them with Daddy. So we'll be waiting until the last minute and dying eggs Saturday night. Harrison and Brooke are going to be getting watercolor paints in their Easter baskets which I know they are going to be so excited about. They are also getting little spirograph kits they had in the dollar spot at Target as well as some new felt activity books and of course a new book. I find it really hard to find things for the babies that aren't just clutter to fill a basket or things we don't already have. I still haven't got around to purchasing them real Easter baskets, probably for the aforementioned reason, so they're getting the same tiny felt baskets as last year.

We have plans for Easterfest, hosting dinner with friends, Easter mass, hosting brunch, and then dinner at my parent's this weekend. It's going to be a full weekend, as holiday weekends always are, and I'm ready to tackle it all. Maybe. Part of me just wants to nap all weekend. oh well. Bring it, Easter weekend. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment