Friday, March 22, 2019

St. Patrick's Day at TCM



We loaded all 5 kids in the van and drove 2 hours to The Children’s Museum on Sunday, which is not really that big of a deal except that it’s been a long time since we’ve been. The last time we went was December of 2017. There's a picture from that visit of Rob carrying two sleeping toddlers at the end of the day. We didn’t go a single time during 2018. I feel like there were a lot of things we didn’t do, or didn’t do as much in 2018. I feel like my pregnancy, a new baby, two insane toddlers, it kept us from doing as much as we usually do. And that’s not to say we didn’t do things. Denver road trip, multiple lake vacays, the entire month of October. We did things, but I feel like what we did was limited. Limited to what I felt I could handle, or limited by how I thought Scarlett and Clark would act. 



I know I’ve talked about this before, but I sometimes feel like Scarlett and Clark get the short end of the stick. They don’t get to do as many fun things as their older siblings did. Part of that is because 5 kids is a lot to manage. Another aspect of it is that Scarlett and Clark are way more difficult for me to manage than Harrison and Brooke ever were. They don't listen, they constantly argue, and I don't want to have to be fighting with them all the time in order to keep them safe. It's just easier to stay home a lot of the time. 



On the way home from The Children's Museum Rob and I both agreed that the day went really well.  There were still tantrums, tears, and fighting(a meltdown over a wet shirt after playing in a water table comes to mind), but it was to a lesser degree than we're used to. We even talked about taking the kids back over spring break. It has me really looking forward to spring and summer ahead. There are so many opportunities to get the kids out of the house, and it seems like we're getting to a place in their lives where we can successfully do it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh. I played that game when it first came out on Commodore. It was a purchase from Sears.

    ReplyDelete