Wednesday, October 26, 2011

8 Weeks

Yesterday was our first ultrasound.  Robbie and I both got to be there which was great.  Plus we got to see Dr. Bopp yesterday which is always nice.  It was the first ultrasound Robbie was there for and I think he was a little surprised by "Rocky."  They pulled up the image on the screen and sure enough there were two yolk sacs and two embryos.  That's right, we're having TWINS!!!  Upon further inspection they told us we almost had triplets. One of the embryos tried to split but thank goodness it didn't.  Twins I'm ready for, triplets not so much.  I remember growing up that I had friends that were triplets.  Two identical twins and one fraternal, same situation we were almost in. Glad we don't have that.  Both babies had heart rates of 165bpm.  Santiago (baby a) was measuring 8w3d and Dunbar (baby b) was measuring 8w2d so they're both a few days ahead which is great.

We go back in for another ultrasound on November 8th.  As long as everything still looks good then I think we will be released to an OB.  Dr. Bopp said he's heard that Dr. Fouts, my current OB/GYN, is very holistic in her approach to birth.  Since a home birth is now out of the question it'd be nice to have an OB that is on board with a non managed natural twin delivery.  Hopefully she's the right OB for us and we won't have to interview a bunch of OBs to find the right one.  I am still going to check around to see if there are any midwives that handle twin births.  I'll also probably look into hiring a doula.

So far 7 people know that we're pregnant and expecting twins.  My parents will find out Monday.  After that the rest of my siblings will find out shortly after. I think Matt and Michelle are coming into town this weekend, so they may know before mom and dad.  If they're staying with us it might be a little hard to hide the constant trips to the bathroom and frequent vomiting.  I'm leaving it up to Robbie on when we tell his family.  Now it's time to start planning for two of everything.

These are our embryos at 5 days after conception.
Here are the babies at 7w6d.





No comments:

Post a Comment