Monday, October 10, 2011

5 Weeks

We are 5 weeks 5 days pregnant today.  According to everything I've read our baby looks like a tadpole.  When I told Rob that, he was less than thrilled.  I think the fact that our baby/babies has a tail really freaked him out.  So far things have been really easy.  My symptoms aren't too bad, but they definitely aren't pleasant.  I've been experiencing my first little bits of "morning sickness." Fortunately there hasn't been any vomiting yet, just the constant need to eat so I don't vomit. All the symptoms are a constant reminder that we're actually pregnant, so I'll take them all.


Today I took one of those tests that tells you what color your baby's eyes will be.  Turns our there's a 50/50 chance between blue and green.  As much as I love all the brown eyes in my family I'm glad there won't be any for my babies.  Now that I say that I'm sure I entered something wrong on the test and it just so happens there's a 5% chance of brown eyes that will pop up in all of our kids. I'm hoping they all have Robbie's green eyes.


There are only a handful of people that know right now and they're the ones that it would have been impossible to keep it from.  We had our first beta on my dad's birthday and I wanted to tell him so bad.  "Hey Dad, happy birthday.  You're going to be a grandpa again."  I've wanted to pick up the phone and call my best friend in Baltimore every day and tell her. It's great having a little secret, but I wish we could share our special secret with everyone.  We've decided to wait until our first ultrasound at 8 weeks before we tell anyone else. If you're reading this after the fact and you're a friend or family member we didn't tell right away, pretty much everyone, know that it was killing us not to tell you. After going through so much to make this happen I feel like we need to safeguard it a little from the possibility that things may go wrong.


On a completely unrelated note it's football season and The Steelers finally looked good yesterday. Even though they were missing half of their defensive starters, the QB had a broken foot and the first and second string running backs were out they looked good. Now if only they looked that good when they were healthy. I think it's amazing that Detroit is 4-0 going into tonight's game.  Equally amazing are the facts that The Colts are 0-5, The Eagles are 1-4 and The Bills are 4-1.  Didn't see any of those coming. Also, Tim Tebow got to play the second half yesterday.  Congrats to whomever made that decision.  And please don't put Kyle Orton back in. He wasn't even any good when he was in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment