Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hello, and Happy Monday!! I hope you all are having a great start to the week. We had an interesting day to kick things off. While I was cleaning up after lunch today, Brooke tripped and fell in her room and by the time I made it to her, there was blood covering her face and chest. At first I thought she bit all the way through her lip, but thankfully she just fell hard enough to cut both the inside and outside. She was such a trooper through the initial scare and her trip to the doctor, so we had ice cream for dinner. Our weekend was eventful, and thankfully involved way fewer tears.

Saturday we had some morning pool time, early naps, and then we were off to a friend's wedding. The wedding was at a local farm and was complete with goats, sheep, and pigs. A few of the kids' close friends were there, so they got to play with their friends while we hung out with ours. The bride and groom were both gorgeous, and had a lovely event. After the wedding we headed home for chiminea night with our besties. Our church, which is conveniently located in our back yard, had their annual festival complete with a closing fireworks display. We ate s'mores, listened to live music, watched fireworks, laughed the night away, and stayed up way too late.








Not enough sleep and too much chiminea smoke left me feeling rough in the morning, so a big breakfast and coffee was necessary. While the H and B played in their pool, we cleaned up from the party and worked on our tans. I'm seriously sorry to any of our neighbors that were blinded by my big pale belly on display. I promised the kids a trip to the splash pad after naps, so that's how we finished off our evening.




August is my favorite month of the year, and I was excited to kick it off this weekend. I'm looking forward to the last few weeks of pool trips, outdoor concerts, and summer nights. Once September gets here I'll be ready for all things fall, but for now, viva la summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment