Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Happy 6th Birthday, Harrison and Brooke


Harrison and Brooke turned 6 years old almost 2 weeks ago! They decided a few weeks before their birthday that they didn't want to have a party with friends, they would rather go to Cedar Point to celebrate. As much as I love to plan a fun, themed party, I was more than happy to forgo planning one this year. We planned to make their actual birthday as special as possible and then let them celebrate by riding all the rides on the weekend.


The night before their birthday Brooke asked me if they were going to wake up to balloons and presents in the morning. It's like she knows me. ;) They also told me what presents I should go buy after I put them to bed that night. Sorry to burst your bubble kids, but you're presents are already bought and you're getting what I got you whether you like it or not.


They woke up to balloons, presents, and donuts. They still had school and swim class on their birthday, so much of the day was business as usual. I was able to go into Harrison's class to celebrate his birthday with his classmates, and Rob was able to join Brooke in her classroom to celebrate her special day. After school and swim class we got to celebrate with the grandparents. Pizza, ice cream cake, and a late bedtime capped off their birthday. Simple but fun and exactly what they asked for.



Since pregnant women and roller coasters don't exactly mix, I knew I was going to have to sit out on their weekend celebration. My sister, who lives in Tennessee, offered to drive up and accompany Rob to Cedar Point. My mom also opted to go with, so H and B got to spend the day with 3 of their favorite people. They had talked about roller coasters all week, but ultimately decided smaller rides were more their speed, so they only did a few coasters. They did both tell me that riding the Gemini was their favorite part of the day, so at least they liked the coasters they did ride. They also got to play games, buy souvenirs, and eat ice cream, so it was a stellar day for them. They are still talking about Cedar Point a week later and planning what they'll ride when they get to go again. I am a little sad I didn't get to enjoy their birthday trip with them, but Rob was on Snapchat so much it's like I was almost there. Their excitement in telling me about all the fun things they did makes up for my absence.






It's crazy how much older they've seemed over the last few weeks. I have a feeling it has more to do with almost being done with their first year of school and less to do with their turning 6, but whatever it is, I've noticed. The next year is going to throw a lot of changes their way, and I'm excited to see how it all helps them grow. Happy 6th birthday, Harrison and Brooke. Your dad and I are so proud of the little people you are growing into.


No comments:

Post a Comment