Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Favorites

The first week back after winter break is always rough. Back to the land of real clothes and not spending all day in our pajamas. Back to 7 am wake up calls and rushing to get the big kids to the bus stop on time instead of staying in bed and snuggling a sleeping baby. Back to swim lessons and girl scout meetings. Back to scheduled pediatrician checkups on back to back mornings this week. One of the appointments I even scheduled at 8:15 am. I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking clearly when I agreed to that time. Thankfully the week is almost over and we have a whole lot of nothing planned for the weekend.

The Good Place was back last night along with Brooklyn 99's debut on NBC, Victoria is back on Masterpiece this Sunday, and the Schitt's Creek season premiere is coming up on Wednesday. Best week of TV ever? Quite possibly. I bought this mug for my best friend and I as Christmas gifts. It is my new favorite mug and I hear Alexis's voice every time I read it.

This coffee with this creamer. It has put the happy back into my non dairy morning coffee.

I am using this halter swim suit as motivation to loose the extra 20 lbs I gained with Penny and am still holding onto. Ralph Lauren swimwear is my favorite, especially after kids.

I'm not doing Whole 30, but I am cooking a lot of my favorite Whole 30 recipes for dinner right now. This chili recipe is an absolute favorite. I tone down the heat for the kids and then add pasta and cheese just before serving them.

Cloud Island sleep and plays are my current favorite thing to dress Penny in for one simple reason, they zip from the bottom, plus the patterns are pretty adorable. It makes those 5am diaper changes a little bit easier when you don't have to fully unzip the sleeper and sleep sack.

I had a couple people mention the Haakkaa to me while I was still pregnant with Penny. I immediately bought one and it has come in so handy. It was great for when my milk came in and I was engorged all the time. I would get 3 ounces each time I used it. Now that my supply has regulated I get way less, but its still a great way to build a freezer stash without actually having to pump. I haven't been away from her for a feeding yet, but I know the time will come that I have to be.

If you follow me on Instagram (@jennpargeon) and watch my stories, you know that I love the band Tall Heights. Their album Pretty Colors For Your Actions has been on repeat pretty much nonstop since it came out and I am still loving it.

No favorites post would be complete without my favorite thing in the whole world right now, Penelope's smile. It's my absolute favorite when babies learn to smile and eventually laugh. The absolute best.


No comments:

Post a Comment