Sunday, November 1, 2015

30 Weeks


How Far Along - 30 weeks
Babies' Size - 2 cucumbers, which just happens to be one of my favorite foods right now. Weighing in at close to 3 pounds each.
Total Weight Gain - 39 pounds total. I am definitely starting to feel the extra weight.
Gender -  Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy
Maternity Clothes - Mostly sweats, yoga pants, and maternity tees. Leggings and maternity jeans make appearances if I need to look presentable. I finally ordered new Gap maternity tees in a size up. They will be here this week and will hopefully keep my belly covered for the next 8 weeks.
Cravings - I have been craving a big burger from Red Robin for the last couple weeks. I haven't satisfied the craving yet, but I'm hoping to soon.
Symptoms - Lots of soreness. I have a swollen round ligament that has been causing me a lot of pain. Indigestion and heartburn are my daily enemies. Sore hips and lots of pelvic pressure as well. As uncomfortable as I am on a daily basis, it's all worth it.
Miss Anything - Sleep, ice cream, and being able to shave my legs with ease. I am in desperate need of a pedicure and would just do it myself, but that hasn't been an option for weeks now.
Stretch Marks - I got stretch marks after Brooke and Harrison were born. They were never red, just white. I can definitely tell where those ones are, but no new ones that I've notices.

Belly Button - Baby Boy is positioned right under my belly button, so depending on what he's doing, depends on if I have an innie or an outie. Mostly I'd say it's popped though.
Sleep - Starting just in the last few days, sleep has been rough. My hips hurt after laying on one side for an hour, so then I roll over and wait for the other side to start hurting. I was so uncomfortable last night I wound up moving to the couch around 5 am. I also had to go to the bathroom 5 times last night, which is a big change from the once or twice a night I had been experiencing. I am hoping the last few nights were flukes, but I have a feeling sleep is now a thing of the past.
Looking Forward To - Finding out weights on these babies. We haven't been told approximate weights yet at any of our ultrasounds, so I'm excited to see what I'm carrying around.
Appointment Notes - I had my one hour glucose test last week. I found out I failed, so I had to do the three hour test. I failed that too, so I've now been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I don't know what the levels on my three hour test were, but I know two of them were abnormal. I get to meet with a nurse practitioner this week to find out how exactly they want me to proceed. I'm hoping my levels were just barely above normal, like the were for my 1 hour, and that I can still eat a mostly normal diet and not take insulin. I'll know for sure at the end of the week, but I know for sure I'll be testing my blood sugar daily. Bye bye ice cream. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment