Friday, April 22, 2016

It's Friday!

It's Friday! Weekends haven't meant much around here lately because it's been the same thing every day. Feed babies, clean up after twin tornadoes, try to get as much sleep as possible, repeat. Now that spring is here, there are a lot more fun activities planned for our weekends. Our zoo opens this weekend, and that's a pretty big deal in our house. You'll be able to find is there at least once a week, usually Sunday morning. Now onto a little Friday randomness.



After two years of people telling me I should join Snapchat, I finally bit the bullet. Brooke and Harrison are absolutely obsessed with filters, and I'm completely obsessed with puting the filters on the babies. If you want to follow along with my daily baby spam and random thoughts, @jennpargeon is my screen name. 

Image result for titus andromedon

Who else loves Kimmy Schmidt? I binge watched the first season when I was a few weeks pregnant with Scarlett and Clark. I've been looking forward to season 2 since I finished the first one, and it didn't disappoint. I finished the last couple episodes yesterday, and now I'm already looking forward to season 3. Episodes 6 and 9 were favorites for me. I think I may have to go back and rewatch both seasons, because I can't get enough!
I am at that odd inbetween phase of the postpartum body. Maternity jeans are out, but my hips are still a full size bigger than pre preg, and don't get me started on twin skin and nursing boobs. I've grabbed a couple shirts and a one size up pair of my favorite jeans to get me by. Loose and flowy is the name of my shirt game right now, and these two are a couple of my favorites. This tank is one I think I may pick up too.

Image result for birkenstock mayari

After dealing with plantar fasciitis for the last couple years, and having everyone tell me I should get Birkenstocks, I finally broke down and bought a pair. I had a really hard time getting past the 90s aspect of them. Then I saw a few of the newer styles and settled on these ones in stone. They are super comfortable, and I'm happy to have a pair of sandals I can comfortably wear besides my black Crocs. And yes, I own Crocs sandals, but they aren't nearly as hideous as they sound. 



I drink coffee like its my job. I recently gave up dairy which means no half and half, and hot coffee with almond milk doesn't top my love list. Enter cold brew coffee. It's so easy, and my new favorite way to make coffee. I put 2 tablespoons of grounds in a mason jar with 1 1/2 cups of water after dinner. In the morning I have coffee ready to be strained and poured over ice. No more watered down Kuerig iced coffee, and iced is so much more tolerable with almond milk.


I hope you all have grand plans for your weekend. Our association garage sales are going on today, so I think there may be a nice walk and a few dollars spent this morning. Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Your snaps are seriously some of my all time faves. I'm so glad you finally joined the Snapchat train!

    ReplyDelete