Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Happy 5th Birthday, Harrison and Brooke

My big kids are 5 years old! Their big day was yesterday, and we had so much fun celebrating. Donuts and presents for breakfast. A park trip and ice cream shakes with Grandma and Grandpa. Then we spent the afternoon and evening playing on their new slip and slide. I'm pretty sure our water bill is going to be astronomical this month because we definitely ran our water for over 4 hours yesterday afternoon. When it's your birthday and almost 90 degrees out, we'll let the water run all day.





Today has been a nonstop barrage of questions. Can you open this? Can you help me with this? Can I play with this? Their birthday party is this weekend, so they'll be riding the birthday wave well into next week. We let them invite school friends to their party this year, so we will have a house full of 5 year olds come Sunday. It's sure to be a ton of fun and a whole lot of crazy.



Part of me is in shock that it's already been 5 years since I had that "oh shit we're parents" moment while in the hospital, and the other part of me can't remember a time without these two crazies in our lives. They are so very different from each other, but they work perfectly together. I am truly blessed to be able to spend my days with these two. Happy 5th birthday, Harrison and Brooke! Your dad and I are so glad we get to be your parents, and we're excited to see you grow and mature even more over the next year. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment