Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mommy's New Toy

High school photography class = easy A, blow off class to me.  I had fun in class and really enjoyed working in the dark room, but when it came to shutter speeds, apertures and photo composition, I tuned out.  I knew enough to get by, but I really should have listened to more of what Mrs. Hopper had to say.  I've used either my iPhone or a point and click, Power Shot and Cool Pix, since my days in P101. 

Once the kids were born the amount of pictures taken on a daily basis went into overdrive.  In the beginning I probably took 20 pictures a day.  When you're looking at that many pictures each day, you start to notice that the iPhone camera you always thought was so great, really isn't that wonderful. Enter the Nikon D3200


After doing a little research, I settled on this bad boy, in red.  I've had it for about a week now, and I'm in love. The automatic settings make for wonderful pictures.  I haven't had the time to sit down and really get acquainted with it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I'm excited to get back into photography and learn everything I should have learned 15 years ago. Has it really been that long since I was a junior in high school?

Having a couple really cute subjects to shoot makes it super easy.



Brooke has taken to hugging, tackling, wresting, Harrison.  Sometimes it results in giggles, other times tears.

 Brooke is kind enough to share the water table with the dogs.



He even looks cute when he's crying, which is often. I love my sensitive little man.








I seriously love these two, and I love that I'll have these pictures to look back on to remind me of all the fun times we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment