Monday, March 10, 2014

Stomach Flu

Saturday morning the kids seemed a little extra fussy, so I thought some fresh air and a change of scenery would do is good.  Brooke picked out an adorable outfit and I got both kids dressed.  As we was getting Brooke in her car seat, I look over at Harrison standing next to me and he starts projectile vomitting.  There's now berry explosion all over him, the garage floor and his Cozy Coupe. So much for our trip to The Y to play on the jungle gym.

The rest of the day was filled with more Disney Junior than anyone should ever be subjected to, and more outfit changes than the washer could keep up with. On the plus side, that meant lots of snuggles with the kiddos all day.  

Outfit #5 of the day.  

By the end of the day Harry was finally able to keep down a fruit pouch and some Pedialyte. A solid nights' sleep followed and he woke up in a good mood.  He was all about toast and eggs at breakfast. I figured it was a 24 hour bug and we were in the clear. He proved me wrong during naptime.  

I never heard or saw him get sick on the monitor, but the smell in their room made it very obvious what happened. There's not much sadder than realizing your kid threw up in his bed and has been laying in it.  Mom of the year award! Enter a bath followed by popsicles, coconut water, crackers and Disney's Robin Hood.

The best part of being sick. 

All seemed well when the kids went to bed. I checked back on them multiple times and they were both passed out, so I headed to bed around 11. When I woke up around 3, I went in to check on things. It was evident as soon as I entered the room that Harrison had been sick again. Nothing like having to strip the sheets, change clothes, and start the washer at 3am.

So now we're over 15 hours out from being sick, and hopefully in the clear. We'll be sticking to semi bland meals for the next day or so. I think it's safe to say that we survived out first real stomach flu, it only took two days and little man getting sick 8 times. Now I'm just praying that Brooke doesn't catch the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment