Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekending

Another weekend post, I know. But this one was a good one worth sharing. We stayed home the majority of the weekend, but we had some big things happen. Friday morning the kids and I headed to The Y and sent Jules off to daycare for the day. In the evening we made a quick Staples run on our way to the daycare to get the dog, and then headed home for the night. It was still bitterly cold on Friday, and Brooke has pretty much started refusing to walk when the windchills are in the negative numbers. Not that I blame her, but it's kept us mostly inside. 


Saturday morning I got the gym before the kids got up, and then we headed to the library. They have an underground parking garage, so it was the perfect get us out of the house, but keep us from freezing to death activity. As per usual, donuts, play time, and books followed. 




We made a quick Target stop on our way home, an then this is where the weekend got interesting. I let Harrison pick out a potty reward toy since he has been so resistant to potty training.  Of course as soon as we got home he wanted it, so I explained he could have it as soon as he started going on the potty. And what do you know, 20 minutes later he went on the potty.  


So now we are fully immersed in potty training little man.  Saturday went really well. No accidents and quite a few times of going on the potty. Today has been a disaster and I'm so glad they're in bed and we get a break before starting all over again tomorrow. Between constant use of my steam cleaner, I did manage to get a few loads of laundry done and finished a project in the kids' room that I'll be sharing later this week. Rob and I are now sharing a pint of That's My Jam, watching TV, and I plan to paint my nails. Kind of the perfect end to a crazy day. How was everyone's weekend? More exciting than sitting on the floor of the bathrrom, I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment