Sunday, December 14, 2014

Let Them Eat Icing

This weekend was the busiest weekend I can remember in a long time. We had a full schedule, and we had fun every minute of it. Friday morning I got unexpectedly called into work. Thank goodness my mom lives close and is retired, because she was able to watch the kids at a minutes notice while I covered the morning shift at the daycare. Less than 5 hours of sleep paired with a morning of crazy dogs made for one tired me. Not even a quad venti peppermint mocha could give me enough energy to make it through the day.

As soon as I got home from work, the kids and I laid down for our afternoon nap. I was still tired when we woke up, so in one of my finer parenting decisions I decided we need a pizza, ice cream, and movie night. Green pepper and green olive pizza, mint chocolate chip and cherry cordial ice cream, and Toy Story 3. We were all pretty happy with how the night ended.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for breakfast with Santa at the Y. We had breakfast, decorated tree ornaments, played in a big bounce house, H sceptically talked to Santa, and B pet a reindeer. Brooke refused to get close to Santa and Harrison wanted nothing to do with the reindeer. At least one of them did each.

When we left the Y, we headed to Jungle George's for the kids' BFF Sophie's birthday party. There was lots more bounce housing, some game playing, and a whole lot of cake icing eating. Brooke and Harry had their first experience with ski ball. Harry went for the overhand throw and Brooke decided climbing up the ski ball ramp and placing the ball in the hole was the way to go. Maybe we need to wait a couple more years for ski ball. They did however manage to win over 300 tickets playing a dump truck game, which is way more than the 5 tickets I won playing ski ball.

Stop taking pictures and let me eat my cake in peace.

Saturday evening we dropped H and B off at their Auntie's house for a sleep over, and Rob and I headed out for his work Christmas Party. We almost didn't know what to do with a kid free night, but we let loose with some of his coworkers and broke curfew by a few hours. I was the DD and still had a blast, which means it was definitely a good night.

Sunday morning Rob and I slept in late and then grabbed breakfast just the two of us. We don't get out sans kids nearly as much as we should. Having some extended one on one time was much needed. After we picked up the kids we headed to our baby cousin's b-day party. Brooke was very excited to go see Baby B, and even more excited to eat more cake.

Long afternoon naps were followed by dinner at The OG and a drive through The Fantasy of Lights. We went last year and enjoyed it, but this year the kids were so excited about it. There was a whole lot of excited screaming going on in the van while we drove the loop. Mainly from Harrison. He was so happy to point out things he saw. The kids sipped hot chocolate, or more accurately spilled it all over themselves, while Rob and I drank peppermint mochas.

After a weekend full of fun, I am looking forward to the next few days where we have nothing planned. I'm hoping to get the rest of our presents wrapped and maybe even do some cookie baking. But mostly, I just want to chillax with my munchkins.

A huge thank you to everyone who entered our Jameson Monroe giveaway! Congrats to the winner, Ashley Evert. I know you will love whatever you chose from their amazing shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment