Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mommy, Your Teeth Look Funny

This is how my morning was spent.


Yes that's right, I now have braces, again. I had braces for over two years in middle and high school.  I got them off during my sophomore year and had perfectly aligned teeth until just a few years ago.  I'm not sure what started it, but over the last 5 years my teeth have been gradually shifting.  About 18 months ago it really started bothering me, and now it's finally time to correct it. I of course stopped wearing my retainers and lost them while I was still in high school.  

Now for the next 14-18 months my mouth gets to feel like its 14 again.  I wish I could have done Invisalign, but it wasn't an option for my teeth.  So here I sit, drinking an 802 hoping it will numb some of the discomfort that comes with the first few days of wearing braces.  

Brooke has a fascination with my mouth. She loves to touch my lips and stick her fingers in my mouth anytime she can.  She noticed the braces almost immediately upon me returning home.  She touched them and giggled over and over again.  Harrison either hasn't noticed or doesn't care. 

Today on the way home verses me in 1996-1998.  

By the way, the list of foods I have to avoid for the next year totally blows.  Pizza crust, tortilla chips, taffy/chewy candy, popcorn.  I am going to have to find ways around these limitations, because I might die without chips and salsa for a whole year.  

August 2014 is my must be off by date.  If they aren't straight by then, I'll be pulling off the bonds myself with a pair of pliers.  And on that thought, it's time for more Advil and another drink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment