Friday, August 23, 2013

5 on Friday

Darci over at The Good Life is co-hosting 5 on Friday again this week, and I thought I'd join in for a little Friday randomness.


One. Rob and I are planning a day trip to Ohio on Sunday. We'll be gone by the time the kids wake up and they'll be asleep once we get home. As excited as I am to have a day date with the hubs, I'm totally freaking out about leaving the kids for that long. I know they'll be fine, but will I?

Two. We live in a great little rental house and have since I was 4 months pregnant with the twins. I am a firm believer that a coat of paint livens up any room. The only room we painted when we moved in was the nursery. The nursery also happens to be my favorite room in the house. Coincidence? I think not. Now that we're coming up on two years in this house, I'm really getting an itch to paint a few of the rooms, the living room and master bedroom, but I don't want to have to repaint when we move in another year or so. I'm so torn.

Three. I hate to clean, I love sleep and I hate to work out. This lovely trio of facts means that my house is never as clean as I want it to be, my jeans are still tighter than I would like them to be, hello muffin top, and I sleep in each morning until I hear the kids on the monitor around 8am. I am going to make it my goal to wake up each morning either at 6 or when the babies wake up to nurse, and stay up. I am going to make a weekly cleaning schedule and get to the gym before they wake up for the day. This also means I am going to have to stop playing Candy Crush till after 11pm every night. Now that it's on the blog, I have to do it.

Four. I love my dogs. My blog is mainly about the kids and the dogs make a few appearance here and there. I really love my dogs, even though they drive me crazy at least 10 times a day. (Layla eating two packs of banana bread English muffins yesterday comes to mind.) I wish I was able to devote more time to them and take them to the pet store or for a hike the way we used to.  I wish I could take them to work with me when I go, but having them and the kids there is too much. I know that they have settled into their new rolls with the kids, but I sometimes wish they still got to take center stage.

Five. I am eating a piece of DeBrand chocolate as I write this post.  A dark chocolate raspberries and cream to be exact, thank you Kim.  One of the best things about living in Fort Wayne is DeBrand chocolate. If you've ever had it before, you know what I'm talking about. It is hands down, the best chocolate I've ever had. It's a mouthgasm every time I take a bite. Their raspberry sauce is to die for. If I ever move away from Fort Wayne, I'm comforted to know that I can still have DeBrand chocolate whenever I want thanks to their online chocolate shop. So tasty!

And of course no post is complete with a cute picture or two of H and B. 



Waking up to these smiling faces is the best! I hope you've enjoyed my random musings this Friday. TGIF everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment