Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Another Year Older

Today I turn 31. Another year older. I wasn't a fan of birthdays in my late 20s. There were always fun dinners, or a week of dinners as was the case when I turned 26, and trips to Chicago, but infertility was always looming overhead.  Every birthday was a reminder that we weren't pregnant and that it was becoming more difficult to get pregnant.  I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about.

I thought for sure I was going to hate turning 30, but I didn't.  I finally felt like my life was where it was supposed to be.   I had Rob, the daycare, the best dogs on the planet, ok that might be a stretch, and the two most amazing presents I could ever have imagined.  Life happened how it was supposed to despite my plans for it to have worked differently.  The big 3-0 was just another day and 30 has been the best year of my life.

There are no huge plans on my birthday this year, just cupcakes from DC, a work meeting with my girls and spending the day with my little loves.



There are fun plans later in the week, but today I'll just relax and reflect on how fortunate I am and what a great last year I've had.  Cheers to 31! I can't wait to what the next year has in store for me.  





No comments:

Post a Comment