Friday, December 27, 2013

Enjoy the Little Things

I was going to upload pictures from Christmas during nap time today, and then this happened. 

(Sorry for the blurry picture. Blackout curtains don't make for great pictures)

Brooke often falls asleep while nursing before nap time, but Harrison almost never does. Even on the rare occasion when they do both fall asleep, I move them to their beds. I usually have things to do while they nap, and I think they sleep better when they have their own space in their beds.  

Today is no different. I have all of the ingredients for broccoli quinoa bites in a bowl ready to be mixed and baked. As I'm writing this, both kids woke up and couldn't fall back asleep laying with me. Now they're in their cribs and most likely won't nap anymore. Nap time ruined. 

But that's ok, because this is probably the last time they'll both fall asleep in my arms. The last time we'll get all sweaty snuggled up in bed together. The last time I get to watch their sweet little bodies twitch and hear their sweet snores right in my ear. 

Next week we start weaning and nap time is the first to go. If every nap time between now and January 1st is ruined because they fall asleep snuggled up with me, I'd be ok with that. It would make for some long afternoons, but knowing I got that snuggle time in would make it ok. When they sleep snuggled up with me, they're still my babies and not two rambunctious toddlers who never hold still.  

I think we'll all do just fine with weaning. Part of me is really excited to be done nursing, but the majority of me wishes we could continue forever. (Well maybe not forever, but for a while longer.) With the end in sight, I'm going to make sure I enjoy every snuggle, hug, and carress they give me. And I won't complain about the punches, kicks, head butts and hair pulls. 


1 comment: