Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Christmas

We had an amazing Christmas. The kids really enjoyed everything this year.  Brooke was all about opening presents, and Harrison was all about playing with them. They still have one more round of opening to do, and Rob and I still have our Secret Santa exchange to do with my siblings. (My younger brother is in India, so we're waiting until they are back in the states.)

On Christmas Eve we enjoyed Mass with my parents and dinner, chicken and dumplings, after. They got to FaceTime with their uncles and open gifts from them, as well as open a few gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, and one from their Great Aunt. 

When the kids woke up Christmas morning, they were able to open one gift and have their stockings. Everything else had to wait until that afternoon. They were so patient. We were impressed! We headed off to the in-laws for gifts and brunch with them, and were home in time for naps.

After naps they open gifts and played all afternoon. My parents came over to watch them open and let them open their gifts from them. They finally opened their last gift 15 minutes before bed time. It was a long day, but so much fun! I'm already looking forward to next year.



Quite possibly my favorite picture of the day. I'm sure she'll hate this when she's older.



Harrison's favorite gift is definitely his mini Dyson. He has it with him all the time, and even wants to bring it to bed.  He cries when Brooke plays with is. Brooke's favorite is the Leap Frog Counting Train. They both like their tee pee, but I think the dogs like it more.

I hope everyone's Christmas was as blessed as ours. I feel so fortunate to be able to make all of these memories with H, B and Rob. Now it's on to 2014. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment