Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Weekend and Thanksgiving

The last of my family hopped on a plane back to the other side of the country today. Life is finally back to normal after almost an entire week of crazy, family fun.

Thursday morning, after letting out all the pups at the daycare, we headed to the in-laws for brunch. I made breakfast casserole which was accompanied by bagels and fruit. H and B got to meet the in-laws dogs for the first time which they really liked once they got used to them. We read stories, ate food, and got to visit for a few hours before it was time for naps.


After naps we headed to my parents to see all of my family and go to town on some thanksgiving dinner. The kids Thanksgiving dinner consisted of crackers and a few sausage balls. They weren't interesting in eating anything. Not even sweet potatoes which they love. Thanks to their refusal to eat dinner, I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted. Disappointing for me, but probably good for my jeans.

All of the kids' uncles on my side of the family have facial hair, which H and B are not used to. They were very leery of all the bearded men, but warmed to them all once we let them touch their facial hair. Touching and pointing to beards became almost a game for them.

We spent almost every moment with my family soaking up all the time we could get with them. We had some adult fun during naps and bedtime. One night out, a Cards Against Humanity night, and even a movie. The last movie I saw in a theater was Fast and Furious 6 and before that was Magic Mike. We saw Thor, and it was a treat to get to see a movie in the theater. We also had a The Walking Dead viewing on Sunday at our house. I'm very thankful for babies that nap and sleep well so I could enjoy some kid free time with my siblings.

The majority of the weekend was spent watching Harrison and Brooke play with Cousin Charlie. Of course there was a little bit of jealousy over toys, but they all seemed to enjoy each other's company. Charlie is really into Thomas, so H and B learned all about trains this weekend. We got to go look at Christmas lights, visit Santa and his reindeer (both the real and light up version), and play for days.






Two favorite from AWS Fantasy of Lights



I didn't take enough pictures this weekend. No family Thanksgiving picture. No picture of my siblings and I. Not nearly enough pictures of H, B and C. I guess that's what happens when you're busy living life. Can I hire a photographer to just follow us around and take pictures? The good news is that we had so much fun, we don't need a ton of pictures to remember it.

I hope all of you had a great long Thanksgiving weekend. Now it's back to the daily grind and finishing up Christmas shopping. I feel like there's a Love Actually viewing in the near future accompanied by wrapping gifts. Color me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment