Wednesday, August 6, 2014

32

To celebrate 32 years of life, I thought I'd share 32 things about me. I've seen this on a few other blogs, and I love the idea. 

1. I am the 4th out of 5 siblings. There are 17 years between my oldest sister and younger brother. We now live all over the country.

2. I love "So You think You Can Dance." I am so excited the top 10 perform tonight with the all stars. I love Twitch! I think Ricky will win this season. He and Emilio are my favorites.

3. I rarely wear any make up. Most mornings I just put on moisturizer after washing my face. Occasionally I use BB cream and mascara. A full face of make up is a rarity.

4. I always have my toe nails painted. ALWAYS! On the same note, I rarely paint my finger nails.

5. I met two of my best friends on the first day of sixth grade. I'm beyond thankful for the 20 years I've had them in my life.

Senior pictures

6. I love video games. I don't think I've played any since the kids were born. While I was on bed rest with the twins, I wasted my days playing Super Mario Galaxy 2.

7. I am a huge "Veronica Mars" fan. Loved the series, and the movie, and the book. I am in love with Logan Echolls. Not the actor that plays him, just the character. Sorry Jason Dohring.

8. Is my lucky number.

9. I have a rather sizable heel collection that never gets worn. Rob is 6'4" and I'm 5'6", so 6" heels were a wardrobe staple before the kids were born.

10. I started getting migraines when I was 19. They are primarily hormonal. One of the best parts of being pregnant for me was no headaches after the first trimester.

11. I was in show choir all 4 years of high school. Jazz hands were my life. 


12. I played soccer from 3rd-10th grade. I decided not to try out for the school team my 10th grade year because I was so worn out from travel soccer all summer. I look back now and regret that decision.

13. I hate cleaning but love cleaning tools. A couple of my favorite gifts ever are my Dyson and SpotBot.

14. I didn't go to college right after I graduated high school. It was 4 years before I decided to start my business degree.

15. I lived with my parents until Rob and I got married. My parents are saints for putting up with me that long.

16. I worked in the restaurant industry for 15 years. Long after I stopped being a server, I would still cater and bartend on the weekends. My last catering job was the summer before I got pregnant with the twins.
17. As it says in my bio, I love summer. August is my favorite month of the year, and not just because it's my birth month. I have fond memories of sharing a bench seat at the lake with my grandpa eating grilled sausage and corn on the cob to celebrate our August birthdays.
18. Boating around Hamilton Lake with a drink in my hand, is my idea of a perfect day. 

All of the siblings, plus a few extras at the lake circa 2009.
19. I love a good dress or cute shirt, but most days you can find me in jeans and a t-shirt.
20. I could watch "Pitch Perfect," 3 times a day every day. It never gets old. See number 11 above.
21. When we moved to Fort Wayne there were 6 of us living in a two bedroom apartment while our house was being built. We watched "Uncle Buck" every night when my dad got home from work. I can quote the entire movie. I can also quote all of "Spaceballs," and do it regularly.
22. I have a ridiculous love of cupcakes. I have paid to have Georgetown Cupcakes shipped to my door on multiple occasions. The $29 shipping fee on top of the price for the cupcakes is totally worth it.
23. My favorite album is John Mayer's Continuum. I've seen him in concert 4 times. It should have been 5, but he canceled a tour we had tickets for. 

Battle Studies Summer Tour
24. Seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway is at the top of my bucket list.
25. I hate to snuggle. Unless it's with H and B. Sorry hubs.
26. I have a huge fear of falling, but I love roller coasters. The taller and faster, the better.
27. Rob and I met at work when he was 18 and I was 20. I don't know that I believe in love at first sight, but it was pretty close for us. Maybe love at first conversation.

One of our first pics together
28. I am good with numbers and love math. Calculus however was enough to make me consider quitting college.

29. My guilty pleasure is period romance novels, but only if they're written by Lisa Kleypas. I own all of her books and have read them all multiple times.

30. I saw my first scary movie at 7 years old. It was "The Lost Boys." I've loved vampire movies ever since. I also thoroughly enjoy werewolf and zombie movies, or TV shows.

31. My dream job is currently held by Jeremy Clarkson. I would also settle for Richard Hammond's job.

32. In high school, and for a few years later, I was obsessed with *NSYNC. I've seen them in concert 5 times. I'm still hoping for a reunion. 

So there you have it. To celebrate another year, I'll be indulging in a huge birthday brunch with my parents and the kids. And then packing. Happy hump day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! Sharing a birthday month with a grandparent is the best! Dont kick me out of the commune, but ive never seen pitch perfect...)

    ReplyDelete