Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Seattle Part 3

Friday morning I awoke with a lovely migraine. Thanks Dennis and your delicious sangria. I drank lots of coffee and popped some ibuprofen, and then we were off Pike Place Market to shop for flowers. I went with M & M and left Rob in charge of the kiddos for the day. The flower market at Pike Place is seriously amazing. $60 was spent on flowers and that was enough for the bride's bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, and enough flowers leftover to make 12 small arrangements to hang along the aisle for the ceremony.

On our way back to the house, we had to make a pit stop for an Imitrex. I then spent 30 minutes enjoying the comfort of my brother's backseat laying down. Thankfully that did the trick, and then it was on to making bouquets. It took me about two hours to clean the stems, with Angie's help, arrange the bouquets, and make arrangements out of the remaining flowers. A couple hours of work was definitely worth the money they saved.

That evening the bridesmaids, bride, and mother of the bride went out for a little mani-pedi action. I'm pretty sure it's been over a year since my last salon pedicure, so it was much needed. While I was off getting a pedicure, Rob took the kids to the playground. They met up with my mom, sister, and nephew. I love that they have been able to spend so much time with their cousin Charlie over the last couple months. We won't see them again until Christmas, so this was a real treat.

Wedding Day!!!! Saturday morning we had to be to the hotel by 10:30 for hair and makeup. We stopped to pick up sandwiches on the way which led to an impromptu stop for cupcakes. If you're ever in Seattle stop at Cupcake Royale in Queen Anne. Their cupcakes are phenomenal! Cupcakes, sammies, and champagne were perfect to snack on while getting prettied up. M & M did their first look at the hotel, and then it was off for an afternoon of pictures. It was great to have all the pictures done before the ceremony.

Seriously, how handsome is my brother?!

We had a quick break for more champagne and sammies before heading to the zoo for family pictures. Then it was wedding time! My older brother was the officiant, or Reverend Dave as he is affectionately referred to. It was amazing to have a front row seat to see him marry M & M. You can tell they are absolutely crazy about each other, and that was even more evident as they read their vows. I love them both so much and am truly grateful they chose me to share their day with them.

Waiting for a ride to the wedding.

While the guests enjoyed cocktail hours, we took a few pictures on the carousel. A few of those pictures may have involved a massive machete. Yes it's real. They also used the machete to cut their cake.

The reception flew by and then it was on the the party buses. They rented two party buses for everyone to cruise around Seattle in. We danced and drank. A lot. The original plan was to let the kids come out of the party bus. Rob decided he was willing to take them back to my parents rental house and put them to sleep, so their party bus experience consisted of 5 minutes on the bus while it was sitting still. Charlie on the other hand, partied until the wee hours along with the rest of us.

My parents partying it up. My mom may have got in trouble for dancing on the seats of the bus. We did learn to party from them.

No kids the next morning means that we slept in until 9am. Rob and I headed out to grab breakfast and coffee before the kids got dropped off. H and B got to go to the park in the morning with Grandma and Aunt Chrisser before coming back to us around 11. They hung out and played on their tablets with Charlie before it was time for naps. I'm not willing to admit to how much time they spent on their tablets over the course of vacation, but it was a lot. We didn't bring along any toys, so the tablets were a lifesaver.

That evening we went to the rental house where my parents and siblings were all staying and we had taco salad for dinner. Before too long it was time to get the kids home for bed. They were up at 6:30 after going to bed at 11pm, so it was an early bedtime for them.

Monday is when everyone was scheduled to fly out. We had the same flight into Midway as my parents, so they joined us at M & M's house before we headed to the airport. The kids were really excited to go on a plane again. We had the same limo service that brought us from the airport, pick us up and take us to the airport. Both kids fell asleep in the limo on the way to the airport. The lack of sleep was very evident by the end of our trip. Monday was a long day of travel, and we made it home safely just after 1am Tuesday morning.

Vacation was great. The wedding was great. It was awesome to see family and friends I haven't seen in a long time. Seattle is absolutely beautiful, and we can't wait to go back. Next time we won't be gone for 11 days, because it was definitely too long for the kids. We let them sleep in until 10 am Tuesday morning, and then we were back to our usual sleep schedule. As much as waking up at 6:30am every day of vacation wasn't great, it made it easy once we got home.

If you made it through all three posts, thanks for hanging in with me until the end. There was so much I wanted to share, and I think I got it all out there. I promise to get back to non vacation posts later this week. Happy Hump Day, everyone! I hope your week is going fabulously!

In case you missed it:

Seattle Part 1
Seattle Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment