Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Wish Lists

Every year since I can remember, my parents have had us submit wish lists every year of gifts we would like to receive from Santa. I remember looking through the Sears Wish Book when I was younger and writing down everything I saw. It's a little bit harder now to come up with a list for myself, what kitchen and home decor items do I need, but so much fun to make a list for the kids.

Our lists are due tomorrow, so I've been spending the last couple days looking at the stores and online for things I think they will like. In addition to their standard list, I also made an Amazon wish list. Have any of you ever done this before? What are your thoughts? One of my friends has used one for the last few years for her and her daughter, and it makes it so easy to buy gifts I know they'll like and appreciate. I also like that you can go in and add to it and take things off as needed.


As you can see, I like educational toys. I rarely buy a toy unless there is educational value in it. Although, I did buy the kids a Big Hugs Elmo just because it's Elmo. In addition to toys, their lists are full of books, puzzles, coloring supplies and Duplo blocks. They also have some bath toys on their list. They would be completely happy if every gift they received was a book. 


Any suggestions from parents with older kids? Are there toys or books your kids loved that we're missing out on? Moms with similar aged kids, what are you planning to get your little ones? I am always up for suggestions. 

I still can't believe Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away which means Christmas is just over a month away. I'm so excited!





2 comments:

  1. We bought our little guy a kitchen. My parent's have one & nephew, too. He LOVES it. My husband wasn't fully for it but he sees how much Cash enjoys it & he eventually came around. :) I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he'll love it! H and B got one for their birthday and they love it.

      Delete