Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Twin Talk - First Birthday Party Revisited

One of my favorite blogs it turrning one this week! I know I've said this many time before, but Twin Talk is a must follow for all moms of multiples. Meredith and her guest bloggers come up with great posts every week. Almost 3 years into this twin mom thing, and I'm still learning new things from other twin moms every day. 

To celebrate Twin Talk turning one, they are hosting a first birthday party link up. I absolutely loved Harrison and Brooke's first birthday party. It was a crazy day and I was definitely in need of a drink and a nap when it was all said and done, but it was so worth it. We did a milk and cookies party, because what 1 year old doesn't like milk, right?!


I spent the week leading up to the party baking lots of cookies and drinking tons of Frappucino. We decided to skip cake, except for smash cakes, and instead have 7 different cookies. You can find the recipes here. We served milk in caraffes and also in the Frappucino bottles I so ditifuly drained. Candy milk mustaches also made an appearance on the dessert table.




We both have large families, so even though H and B's party was only close friends and family, it was still almost 30 people. We set up tables and chairs in the garage and held the majority of the festivies out there. The party was held at lunch time, so we did serve subs in addition to all of the sweets.



Harrison we're not into their smash cakes, or opening presents. They were into balloons, and Brooke was into walking around all day, a recently acquired skill for her.



Their second birthday party was as much fun as their first. Probably more because there was a mimosa bar. As much as I loved planning and hrowing their first two birthday parties, I find myself debating on if we should do a party for their third birthday. We've been tossing around the idea of taking them on a weekend birthday trip to Chicago instead of doing a party. I know we'll have to make up our minds soon, but I find myself wavering back and forth.



Ribbon Banner - DIY, Penant Banner - DIY, 


Thanks to Twin Talk for hosting this link up! It was great to revisit the twinkies first birthday party and remember how much fun their big day was. Happy birthday, Twin Talk!! You've had an awesome first year, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.


2 comments:

  1. It seems really crazy day from pictures. Cookies are really tempting. How creamy cake it seems, I want to have it. I also loved the cute kids. Hey how much your party planner charged from you? Please share.

    ReplyDelete