Tuesday, July 21, 2015

15 Weeks


How Far Along - 15 Weeks 2 Days
Total Weight Gain - I was ravenous all week. Once the kids were in bed I'd sit down on the couch and be so hungry. Like I could eat a Greek yogurt, bowl of cereal, an Ensure, and still be hungry. 2 pounds gain this week puts us up to 9 pounds total.
Maternity Clothes - Still mixing and matching pre pregnancy and maternity.
Sleep - Naps are now only happening about half of the days in the week. I'm going to bed before 11 most nights and sleeping until the kids wake me up between 7 and 7:30. Lots of switching sides throughout the night, but overall really good sleep. I just wish the morning didn't come so early.
Cravings - Fruits, lots and lots of fruits. Summer fruit is so good, I just can't get enough of it. Things like apples, plums, and peaches that are easy to grab and go have been a daily treat. Blackberries are so good right now that I can't get enough of them.
Symptoms - A few random headaches that may or may not be pregnancy related. More growing pains this week, and a general feeling on uncomfortableness toward the end of the day.
Purchases - I've been on the hunt for good maternity shorts since we've had a few high 80s and 90 degree days. I found a pair that aren't terrible, so I bought them. I'm not convinced that a flattering pair actually exist though.
Miss Anything - It's been a really good week. Not missing anything.
Looking Forward to - It's still 3 weeks away, but I'm already getting excited for our anatomy scan.
Best Moment this Week - I went in for an OB appointment this week. When the nurse practitioner went to do the doppler, I told her where I thought the babies were. I've felt little bits of movement, so I thought I knew. Sure enough, as soon as she put the want to my stomach, instant heartbeats. There's nothing better than the reassurance of hearing healthy heartbeats, and finding out the flutters you felt were really movement and not just gas. ;)

Coming in a close second is eating at Chipotle. I had an aversion to Chipotle my entire pregnancy with H and B, which is funny considering how much they love eating there. Around 8 weeks I got a burrito bowl and couldn't eat it or my chips and guac. I thought for sure it was going to be at least 30 weeks before I could stand the taste of a burrito bowl. Harrison was begging for Chipotle one day, so we went for lunch. Much to my excitement, my bowl and their guacamole was just as delicious as I remembered. I now want to eat there every day to make up for the lost weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment