Monday, July 27, 2015

16 Weeks


How Far Along - 16 Weeks 1 Day
Babies' Size - 4.6 inches, 3.5 ounces, approximately the sizes of an avocado
Total Weight Gain - Plus 2 this week, 11 total
Maternity Clothes - Yes please! Still stretching out a few pre-pregnancy shirts, but pre pregnancy pants are quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Sleep - Pretty darn good this week. I finally have added The Snoogle to my nightly slumbers, and I think I really like it. I wind up in all kinds of awkward positions when I sleep lately, and The Snoogle helps to support me no matter what which is great. It's ginormous and has forced the dogs out of bed most nights, but that's just too bad for them.
Cravings - If you follow along on Instagram (@jennpargeon), you probably saw my craving for pickles and cream cheese wrapped in lunch meat. That is my first real crazy craving. It was so good though! Mostly I'm still craving lots of fluids and fruit. Strawberries, blackberries, grapes, and apples are leading the favorites list.
Symptoms - I've noticed a little bit of hip pain the last couple days, and I'm not sure if it's from the extra weight, or if I just slept wrong. I feel like it's pretty early to be getting some in my joints, but we shall see. Lots of muscle stretching going on. I can feel that in my belly daily. Overall I'm feeling pretty darn good right now.
Miss Anything - The limited wardrobe is already kind of a bummer. I miss being able to pick whatever I wanted to wear and being able to wear it. I know, woe is me.
Looking Forward to - Feeling more movement. I am getting regular movement out of both babies now, but I'm really looking forward to some strong kicks, especially ones Robbie and the Kids will be able to feel. My favorite part of pregnancy with H and B was watching them move my stomach every which way. I can't wait to experience that again.
Best Moment this Week - After 16 weeks of no real exercise, I did a Zumba class last week. I was fully expecting it to be a disaster, but I felt like I did really well. I had to modify a few moves, and take it easy in some portions, but I kept up with class really well and had a great time doing it. I'm going again on Wednesday this week, and hope to start making it to class twice a week. If I can keep it up at least for a couple months, I will be very happy. I love walking, but I really miss being able to work up a good sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment