Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome, October

Today is the first day of October which means I officially have one month to get my butt in gear and make the twins' Halloween costumes.  Why I decided to make them instead of just buying them, I do not know, but I have fabric and patterns bought, so I'm committed.

I haven't sewn anything except a button or a hem since 7th grade home economics with Mrs. Powells. These costumes could be a disaster.  If so, that's what Target is for, right? I will admit I felt super confident, until I got the pattern out of the package. Seriously, what am I going to do with all this? Do they make a Sewing For Dummies book?



I was really hoping to make it out to the pumpkin patch last Sunday, but the rain kept us inside.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend so we can go on a family pumpkin picking outing. Last year the kids had to get carried around the pumpkin patch.  I'm excited that they'll be able to help pick out pumpkins this year. 

We are also planning to visit a corn maze at the same farm where we went berry picking this summer.  If we can find somewhere to do hay rides, it will be a perfect month of fall activities. Any Fort Wayne peeps have recommendations on a place to go?

Like everyone else, we've fully immersed pumpkin everything into our lives. Some of our favorites include Thomas Pumpkin Spice English Muffins, Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Candles and Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. The English Muffins with a little Nutella and sliced bananas make the perfect sweet treat at the end of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment