Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tasty Tuesday - Toasted Marshmallow Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies. They are pretty high on my list of favorite treats. Right behind cupcakes and ice cream. And if you can mix ice cream with cookie,s even better. But that's not where this post is going. Traditional chocolate chips cookies are pretty heavenly right? Especially when they're warm out of the oven. So why mess with perfection? Because Nutella, that's why.



It's no secret that I LOVE Nutella. I have a Pinterest board dedicated solely to Nutella, and even threw a Nutella party a couple years ago. I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest over the weekend, and decided this was the perfect way to mix up the usual Toll House recipe.


I'm not going to share a recipe for the cookie, because I just followed the recipe on the bag. I used milk chocolate chips. You'll need the usual cookie ingredients plus Nutella and jumbo marshmallows.


Toasted Marshmallow Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

1. Make your preferred chocolate chip cookie dough.

2. Drop spoon fulls of dough onto a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper. I rolled my dough into balls, but that isn't necessary.

3.Make a small indentation in the top of the cookies.

4. Spoon in Nutella. Approximately 1/2 tsp per cookie.

5. Top with 1/2 jumbo marshmallow.

6. Bake for 10 minutes at 375.

7. Let cool on the pan for a couple minutes, and then devour. Or move to a cooling rack. Your choice, although I recommend option 1.

Notes: Bake time may differ if you are using a recipe other than Toll House. I did use half a marshmallow for my first go round, but when I make them again I will probably use a whole one. The bites with toasted marshmallow are the most delicious, and there's no such thing as too much gooey goodness.


It only took an extra 5 minutes total to add the extra steps for these cookies, and it was definitely worth it. It added so much extra to the already delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. If you don't keep Nutella and marshmallows in your house at all times, I recommend you start now. So worth it.


Nutella Stache



And if you like the looks of this recipe, you'll love these Nutella S'more Bars.














No comments:

Post a Comment